Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 25 Recap: An Unremarkable Week

Week 25 was a very busy week, but I made sure I remembered to use the proper bioidentical hormone creams twice daily as I attempted to see if there would be any changes in the trembling I had been experiencing most notably during the night. I started with progesterone cream and would continue with this for a couple weeks and then stop for a week before starting estrogen cream.

Early in the week I noted that my heart doesn’t seem to like it when I lay down in certain positions, such as directly on my left side. It often feels as though it loses its pumping efficiency and I find myself changing positions so that I can breathe easier. I found that if I lay at an angle (not directly on either side, but leaning forward or back), breathing becomes more comfortable.

The trembling I had experienced over the past several weeks had died down somewhat during the first part of the week and so I thought maybe the progesterone cream was working, but the trembling reoccurred in the chest area about midweek, though it was relatively minor.

My exercise routine actually seemed to get easy enough for me to kick it up a notch and walk a bit faster at about 4 mph. This lasted for several days, but by the end of the week it felt like more of a challenge again. During one session on the Pilates Reformer I felt some mild heart fluttering and so took it easy during that session. That was the only time something like that happened during the week. Exercise totals included 90 minutes strength-training and 15.5 miles on the treadmill.

Overall, it was not a remarkable week and contained all the usual stresses of life.  In spite of the days I didn't feel like exercising or was too stressed, I continued to keep it up even if it was at a minimum.  I'm not ready to give up yet.  It ain't over!

No comments: