Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 18 Recap: Fine Tuning

Now that I am finally feeling like some healing is taking place in my body, it is time to start fine tuning and working on the last remaining “symptoms” that have either not been addressed or not completely gone away.

Last week went quite well – at least during the day time. All of my treadmill walks were completely normal, the palpitations and left subclavian pain have all but dissipated, and there was very little to report out of the ordinary, other than the internal trembling and fluttering that seems to be increasing, particularly in the evenings and at night. Trouble is, I can’t think of a way to describe what is going on, but I will try anyway.

It has become common for me to experience a mild stomach ache after eating—the larger the meal, the greater the stomach ache. The higher the fat content, the higher the chance for digestive problems. It will usually start with an ache, not long followed by a sensation of mild foaming or reflux, which then triggers a trembling or quivering, usually beginning in the chest makes me feel like my heart is fluttering when it is not). This is not something new for me—it has happened in the past, but it had stopped for at least a month, and then started again on April 20th and has since then increased in regularity and intensity.

The inner trembling often lasts throughout the night, and sometimes during the day as well. Sometimes it gets so bad that it feels like it triggers heart palpitations, causing me to be short of breath in the middle of the night. When that happens I have to sit up, or change positions in bed. It is scary, but I am usually so groggy it is something for which I simply make a mental note, and really don’t remember all that well.

I read recently that sometimes gallbladder disease goes hand in hand with celiac, and will do a little research on it to see if it matches these weird symptoms that have cropped up again, and promise to post the results of my research here.

ODD THINGS THIS WEEK:
  • Felt some right-ear pain a couple of times during one night but didn’t happen again all week. Wondering if it has anything to do with being shocked by the treadmill (ear buds) several days ago.
All 17 miles of my treadmill walks this week were uneventful. In addition to treadmill walks, I worked out for 105 minutes with Pilates, and 100 minutes of weight-bearing exercises.

Though I have mentioned the odd trembling to doctors before (for which all medical professionals gave me puzzled looks), I have yet to mention the upset stomach after eating. It will be next on my list to fine tune my health…

 

No comments: